Friday, November 06, 2009

Tamura's Fine Wines and Liquors

Tamura's

After going to Ono Seafood in the morning, I thought I found my favorite poke spot on the island. Well, that was until Dylan urged us to go to Tamura's Fine Wine and Liquor on Waialae Ave.

Tamura's

Although Tamura's has one of the largest selection of liquor and wine on the island, they are really known for their poke.

Tamura's

Tamura's

Tamura's

Our aunties told us not to eat before our family dinner, so Dylan and I snuck these tubs in our room.

Tamura's ahi tuna was incredibly fresh. We loved it's firm texture on each bite. The tako poke was cooked and seasoned perfectly! After our tubs were devoured within minutes and we quickly brushed our teeth before heading out to our family dinner.

Please don't tell our aunties. This will be our little fishy secret.

Tamura's Fine Wine and Liquors
3496 Waialae Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 735-7100

11 comments:

Jeremy said...

That poke looks so good.

KirkK said...

Looks great Jeni. Here's an interesting story, one of my customers at my old job was Tamura Superette in Waianae - they sure have come a long way.

TimG said...

By far one of the best places on Oahu to get poke. Kahuku Superette is another one. The wasabi and jalapeno poke is gooood.

weezermonkey said...

I love that you can get this stuff (and it's good stuff!) at a liquor store.

Bianca said...

Poke looks delicious! I really want to go to Hawaii now!

EatTravelEat said...

I was not expecting a post about poke after I read the title of the post...I was wrong! It is so interesting that they also offer poke. They should add that to their name since they sell enough of it to even put a sign about it at the cash register about their poke.

Great photos as usual :).

Anonymous said...

HONEY, THIS KIND OF FOOD WHICH YOU'RE NEVER ATE THEM WHEN YOU'RE YOUNGER...BUT NOW...SO MY BABY IS GROWING UP... THANKS GOD...BY THE WAY... PICTURES ARE PERFECT AS USUAL...THANKS FOR SHARING...MORE PICTURES PLEASE...

Food, she thought. said...

Heading to Oahu in two weeks! I am going to bookmark Oishii Eats! on my iPhone and follow your poke eating path across the island. Going this year on a tight budget, thank to the recession. Any other budget places you adore? We are staying near McCully and the Ala Wai canal, although will be also heading across the island a couple times as Dad works in Wahiawa.

kyle said...

Poke for breakfast, poke for lunch, did you have any for dinner?
Tamura's has an AWSOME selection of beers...wine too if you're into that.

The Food Librarian said...

Loving your trip to Hawaii, or your trip to Poke-land!

Des Moines business lawyer said...

Oh delicious! I want to try some.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin