Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waiola Shave Ice


Waiola Store

After our delicious poke heavy lunch at Yama's Fish Market, we headed over to Waiola Shave Ice.

Waiola Store

Waiola Store

Words cannot describe how much I love my Waiola Shave Ice.

Family Time

We spent the rest of our day at my Auntie's house. Dinner on the driveway!

Family Time

As we caught up with my auntie, uncle and cousins, our niece played her ukulele under the stars.

This is my Hawaii.

Waiola Shave Ice
2135 Waiola Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 949-2269

8 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I've not been to Hawaii since...2002? Too long! I want real shave ice!

Daily Gluttony said...

Love Wailoa Shave Ice. LOVE!

boody said...

YUMMMMM!!!! I think it's so much better than matsumoto's!!!

justJENN said...

YES. Waiola is the absolute best on the island.

Reid said...

Jeni,

What is your favorite flavor at Waiola? I like the green tea, but my absolute favorite is the haupia topped with condensed milk. I think I need one this weekend! :)

KirkK said...

Sigh.....before I moved to the mainland, I lived within walkuing distance to Waiola. Oh the things you take for granted in life!

SinoSoul said...

Waiola is just amazing. I don't even like the shaved ice, but the essence of this joint, smack dab in the middle of a quite neighborhood, full of working people, is beyond "real". Charming isn't the right word, it's just so "there".

Oishii Eats said...

Weezermonky...2002??? You're way overdue.

DG...it's smooth like butter!

Boody...I don't know why people get so excited for Matsumoto's. I personally think Big Dog's has a cooler tshirt collection. http://www.bigdogs.com/

Justjenn...absolutely!

Reid...lilikoi, grape and lychee with ice cream and condensed milk!

Kirkk...sigh~!!!

Sinosoul...Waiola's is a beautiful place!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin