Thursday, May 21, 2009

Honeymoon Hop - Ipanema Beach Snacks

For years I've been used to traveling solo and having uninterrupted beach time. It's called, "nap, dip, nap, dip, nap, dip." But this time I wasn't alone and Dylan is not so much of a beach boy. He gets really ansy, hungry, thirsty and insisted this is not the beach to nap the day out.

"Err...just breathe Jeni. This is how it's going to roll...FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!"

Kikarnes Market

Kikarnes Market

Havaianas

Kikarnes Market

Before hitting the beach, Dylan and I stopped by the corner market again for some quick snacks.

Ipanema Beach

Ipanema Beach

Pao de queijo!

Ipanema Beach

Dylan snuck these into our basket. Batata Palha, potato straws.

Ipanema Beach

Ipanema Beach

This lady made a killing with Dylan's corn-chomping stomach.

Ipanema Beach

The grilled cheese man! He was totally our favorite beach vendor. The cheese men takes sticks of cheese, douse it with garlic sauce and oregeno and then grill it in their Brasilian Easy-Bake Oven.

Ipanema Beach

Ipanema Beach

Ipanema grilled cheese sticks. Reserve your beach seat now.

Ipanema Beach

So I guess I had no problem sitting on my bootie watching beautiful people defy gravity with their butt strings and chomping on grilled cheese all day. I guess I'd be wasting my time sun-napping in Rio. I'd definitely miss all the action. Dylan was right this time. Just this time though.

To be continued...

7 comments:

Anjali said...

Grilled cheese on the beach! That sounds perfect.

And I have the exact same problem with Rob -- he doesn't see the point of napping and sunning on the beach all day. He usually just sits next to me fully dressed. Probably because his mom made him wear a tiny bowtie and wool suit to the beach when he was little. Kidding. Maybe....

WeezerMonkey said...

I'm not a fan of the beach, but I like grilled cheese and Havaianas.

EatTravelEat said...

Grilled cheese sticks? Amazing idea. But they are so gigantic looking! How were you able to finish them?

Daily Gluttony said...

Isaac's not a big fan of the beach either...he gets antsy too. I could spend all day out there!

Michelle said...

Your photos are gorgeous!!! I'm so jealous of you going to Brazil! What kind of camera do you use and how do you make your pictures look like this???

jacqui | happyjackeats said...

looks like fun! beautiful site you have here. i love your photos!

Christine D. said...

wow, this is like a dream. mmm, grilled cheese stick on the beach. and cheesy rolls, oh my!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin