Thursday, April 09, 2009

Jin Patisserie


When my Spring Break rolled around this week I kept begging Dylan for a day out of LA. "Please get me out of here!" I pleaded. But after too many drinks on a Friday night, there was no way we were able to drive anywhere over 20 miles away. Shoot. Where do we go now?

Jin Patisserie

Yes. Jin Patisserie. When I don't want to feel like I'm in busy Los Angeles, Jin Patisserie is the perfect sugary therapy.

Jin Patisserie

Once we arrived to Jin Patisserie, I knew exactly what I wanted. Passion cake please!

I grew up on Dee Lite passion fruit cakes and Jin Patisserie's are the closest to striking that nostalgic chord of delicious childhood mmmmm.

Jin Patisserie

Jin Patisserie

JP's Macarons are also another favorite of ours. OMG. Perfect little bites of chewy yum.

Jin Patisserie

Caramel fleur de sel's are our favorites. One for you, one for me. No fighting.

Jin Patisserie

Looks like these girls need to get out of LA too.

Enjoy.

Jin Patisserie
1202 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 399-8801

9 comments:

mattatouille said...

yeah Jin patisserie was made for beautiful photography. I love that first photo of yours.

Gastronomer said...

Great eaters think alike? I was here last weekend with some girlfriends. Jin does feel wonderfully removed from La La Land ;-)

Daily Gluttony said...

LOL-you didn't take the barbies to jin with you did you?

i luuuurve jin patisserie--such a peaceful & tasty retreat!

love the new banner btw!

H. C. said...

Love photos -- My knees buckle over their Abbot and Spring Bouquet cakes, and I almost always bring some macarons home too.

And poor Ken! First the lack of certain anatomical parts, now this!

Eleana said...

I love this place!

They have a salted chocolate mousse cake (maybe not the most accuarate name, but basically that) ... it's amazing, albeit rich.

WeezerMonkey said...

It's been quite awhile since I've gone to Jin Patisserie. What an oasis! Now I really want to go back!

justJENN said...

Wow, Dee Lite. I haven't heard that name in years.

EatTravelEat said...

Beautiful photos! I like all the effects and the simple looks.

Love the new banner! Did you take it here at Jin Patisserie?

Oishii Eats said...

Thank Matt.

Gastronomer...I totally agree. I forget I'm in LA whenever I go to JP.

No DG, we did not take the Barbies with us. haha. They do make the most interesting still life shots.

HC...aren't their cake the best!

Eleana...I wanted to try the salted chocolate mousse cake. I'm all about salted desserts! Next time.

Weezer Monkey...GO! The weather has been really great these past weekends. Go after getting some Kogi at the Brig. ;)

JustJenn...DEE LITE! My aunties used to always hand carry Dee Lite cakes to LA. I miss them so much! Those cakes at Kings Hawaiian don't do any justice to Dee Lite's.

EatTravelEat...thank you so much! I took the banner picture somewhere on Abbot Kinney. I think in front of Jin Patisserie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin