Monday, January 26, 2009

Part II - Bouchon Bistro

Bouchon
I've always had issues with my low blood sugar if I don't eat anything to keep my sugar levels up. I scared the crap out of Dylan when I told him about my fainting stories at random places like the post office, optometrists, and even at a Common concert. So when our big day came up, Dylan wanted to make sure I had something in my stomach so I wouldn't collapse on the singing Elvis. haha.

It took us a good hour to decide where to eat in Vegas. I was hoping for a prix fixe lunch, but when Dylan suggested Bouchon and we just stopped talking and headed straight for a taxi.

Bouchon

Bouchon

Bouchon
clink clink

Bouchon

Bouchon
Bouchon's baguettes and fresh butter are so incredibly delicious. I can live on this alone. Well, this and my iphone.

Bouchon
We ordered a side of Bouchon's country bacon and although it was a tad too crispy, the bacon was still very very delicious.

Bouchon
I ended up ordering Bouchon's sourdough waffles with fresh bananas, maple syrup and Tahitian vanilla bean butter. All I needed was some fried chicken and I would have been set.

Bouchon
When you first enter Bouchon, you're forced to walk by their raw bar which had this ostraphile salivating early on for these poor souls. Prince Edwards, Wellfleets and Blue Points kept my fiancè very satisfied. But for $15/half dozen (ouchy)!

Bouchon
Dylan also ordered seared scallops with mornay sauce with gruyere, spinach and button mushrooms. I was very close to lathering on that mornay sauce all over my arms. The scent of creamy gruyere, earthy mushrooms and seared scallops was so addicting. I think Bath and Body Works needs to update their line and add some Thomas Keller favorites.

Bouchon

Bouchon
We ended our 2 hour brunch with more mimosa and wine and our bellies full to the brim. Yea, I think we were ready to get married.

Bouchon
Venetian Hotel
3355 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 414-6200
www.bouchonbistro.com

7 comments:

H. C. said...

Bouchon's oishii indeed and one my reliable faves in Vegas (OK, maybe only somewhat reliable); I <3 their apple brioche french toast bread pudding.

Can't wait for their L.A. debut this or next year! Wallet may beg to differ though.

EatTravelEat said...

Awesome photos! They are so professional :).
Fresh butter is always delicious; fluffy and has a great flavor. Like Bouchon's garnishes and the seared scallops; the browning on top makes it look scrumptious!

BoLA said...

Absolutely perfect!
Love you guys!

boody said...

DANG IT! I'm about to walk over to Mcdonald's and now I see this. haha. Lovely photos by the way!

Jeni said...

Hey HC...I love Bouchon!!! I doubt we'll make it to their LA debut. Our last dinner was at the Bazaar and our bill was insane. No more. It's back to home cooking and SGV meals for now.

EatTravelEat...I love love love fresh butter. Bouchon's seared scallops were amazing.

BOLA...love you too. Can't wait for your big day!

BOOOOOODY! Wouldn't it be disturbing if McD's had a higher end menu with scallops and oysters. I'm sure it would be pretty darn nasty. Haha.

Baisy Mama said...

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I read this a few days before going to Vegas and this was what I was looking foward to the most.
The brunch was by far the best breakfast I've had and I was sad I couldn't have gotten their dinner :(

Max mickle said...

Thanks for the seared scallops recipe. My husband loves seared scallops. I am going to make it this weekend.The Photos are amazing... I am already feeling hungry. Let's see how things turn out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin