Thursday, May 15, 2008

Michael Jackson & Danger Dogs @ The Echoplex

p1001.JPG
It was 1983 and I just turned 5 AND a half. (You always have to add that half while growing up...such a huge milestone.) Some classmates and I were enjoying our recess when all of a sudden someone started singing, "Billie Jean is not my lover." Suddenly our group of friends started jumping and yelling, "Oooh ooh I love Michael Jackson too!" Then the jumping and yelling turned to a simultaneous line of Kindergarten moonwalkers.

Laughing and dancing, we were having some of the best times a 5 year old can have...well...that was until our teacher came.

With her hands on her hips our teacher yelled, "You can't dance like that at school. It's inappropriate! It's just not right!"

At that moment, I was taught there was an OK way to dance and a wrong way to dance. And I was in the pool of kids heading into a life of "inappropriate" dancing.

Luckily, I didn't get in trouble when I got home. My mom didn't mind me dancing my pathetic attempt of Michael's moonwalk. She encouraged it and allowed us to tape Billie Jean on our BRAND NEW VHS machine. So cool back then.

So when DJ Spinna rolled into town with his famed Soul Slam: Michael Jackson vs. Prince party...we were there. For four hours straight, DJ Spinna blessed the crowd with his set of back to back classics by both artists, as well as tracks from Jackson 5, Janet Jackson, the Time, and Sheila E.

And after hours of dancing to nostalgic beats, WE WERE STARVING.
Come out of any club in Los Angeles and the scent of bacon from grilled onions from our illegal gastronomical bacon-wrapped hot dogs aka "danger dogs" or "heart attack dogs
is the perfect way to end the night.
lost angels.jpg

Watch Drew Carey find out why these delectable dogs are illegal in the eyes of the Health Department.

Echoplex
1154 Glendale Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
www.attheecho.com

6 comments:

Bill said...

You found bacodogs! Awesome! I miss them much.

Anonymous said...

MICHAEL RULE, MICHEAL FOREVER...

boody said...

Oh geez, now I'm hungry!!! hhaha.

Christine D. said...

I actually said "NooOOoOoo!!!!" when they dumped that tray of dirty dogs into the garbage bag. Oh the agony!

Cindy. Lo. said...

You guys surely had a lot of fun there!

Leigh said...

how do you improve on a classic? Add bacon! nice post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin