Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Intelligentsia

intelligentsia

morning coffee

latte

Hi. My name is Jeni and I'm latteholic.

Blame Intelligentsia for my return to coffee withdrawal migraines. I quit drinking ritual coffee for about 5 years now. I used to be at 5-6 cups a day and major migraines if I drank any less.

I was clean...but that was until Intelligentsia opened up. Ever since, I crave coffee every single day from the moment I wake up. I'm addicted to their lattes....but not so much their lines. I've learned the best time to go is by 9am. Pretty much after that it's too late. The lines are horrendous after 9am and by then my coffee withdrawal migraines are comparable to a mouse chewing on my eyeball.

Get there early.

Intelligentsia
3920 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90029 Mon-Sun 6am-11pm

5 comments:

One Food Guy said...

Hi Jeni. My name is Scott and I'm a caffeine addict. I kicked the daily habit about a year ago, but after seeing that beautiful latte, I'm about to fall off the wagon. Ouch!

Food Marathon said...

Hi Jeni. The first step is admitting you have a problem. I am addicted to spicy soup- mainly Tom Yum, but any kind will do. I have no intentions of curbing my addiction. I have let go and let god...

Sandra said...

Congrats on winning the Steamy Kitchen contest!

ms le said...

hi!! i have to ask you what kind of camera do you use?? i love your pictures.. the colors are soo vibrant!!

Jill said...

Hi Jeni,

I have a possible solution for you...get one of the Rancilio Silvia machines that they sell at Intelligentsia (but buy it from wholelattelove which will save you tax, shipping will be free, and you'll get some free additional goodies to boot).

Then, go buy Intelligentsia beans. Then, make your own latte every morning. The $550 the machine will cost you might seem steep at first, but add up all the time you're saving in the line, and all the $3+ lattes you won't be paying for, and you'll make up for it in no time.

Plus, it's a fun ritual to make your own every morning, and I can see you becoming a master of latte art (in fact, I can see a fantastic piece on your blog about the whole process of learning how to use this machine! I can also see you having some fun trying out different beans from Graffeo, LAMill and elsewhere...).

In any case, my morning date with my Rancilio Silvia is a ritual that I've been partaking in for the past five years, and one I grew to love very quickly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin