Friday, February 23, 2007

Smell My Fingers - Carney's Restaurant

Before D's catering gig for a wedding party in Studio City, both of us were tired, hungry, and eager to get our day started as he chef'd his way into the lives of fortunate bellies. We didn't have much time, so we quickly headed over to Carney's on Ventura Blvd.

Carney's is a great place for quality dogs and chili cheeseburgers. Although I'm a loyal Tommy's customer, Carney's is tops when it comes to LA style chili. D, who isn't a fan of LA's mad obsession with chili over everything truly enjoyed his chili cheese dog. Yes, Carney's, unlike Tommy's has quality dogs, dogs with a great snap.

You know what I love most about LA chili, I love the yellow/orange stains the chili leaves on my fingernails. I can sniff my hands for hours and be reminded of my glorious chili-over-anything meal.

Unfortunately, when we got to the wedding, D and I were reeking chili and onions. Wanna smell my fingers???

Carney's Restaurant
12601 Ventura Boulevard
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 761-8300
Sun-Thu 11am-10pm
Fri-Sat 11am-12am

9 comments:

Food Marathon said...

A staple of my youth, I've been craving Carney's chili for about a week. Then you have to go and post pictures of the greasy, yellow/orange-tinted goodness. I thank you but my arteries don't.

BoLA said...

Hahah... I had stained nails the other day too! You gotta love chili cheese fries! (which reminds me... where's Mr. Rick James? he's been so MIA this whole year! BOO!)

Gotta try this place out, for sure! Studio City, here I come!

Deb said...

Lately I've been craving that very type of thing! It's almost painful to look at! ;)

Chubbypanda said...

Yes.

One Food Guy said...

Mmmmmm, stinky fingers and chili fries. I love it!

Clare said...

Ohhhhh...I have a weakness for chili with onions and cheese. How will I ever start my diet after looking at these pics? Maybe I should try that All Chili Dog Diet?

Jeni said...

Food Marathon...Carney's is one of those places where you forget about and then when the cravings hit you...they hit you hard. I really do love Carney's!

BoLA...They really need to get a nail technician onsite. I love smelling my fingers...but it's the yellow stains that I cannot stand.

Deb...the burger is mouthwatering.

Chubbypanda...ok.

One Food Guy...I love when I smell like my meal.

Clare...some of my co-workers talk about their all Chili Dog Diet. How do I say this nicely??? DON'T!

eatdrinknbmerry said...

J, i DO love chili - just not huge on Tommy's. But Carney's dogs were awesome - perfect thickness to casing, leaving you with a nice snap in every bite. But i like orange fingers too!

furry_feline said...

I love to smell my fingers after eating stuff like that, ask anybody. I thought I was the only one!

The chili dogs look damn good, I've been meaning to try the one on Sunset.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin