Friday, December 15, 2006

Santouka Grand Opening!

After work, D and I headed straight to Mitsuwa on Centinela for Santouka's Grand Opening. The place wasn't crowded at all around 7pm. Mitsuwa Market's renovation was a yawn for me. Wow, new shelving! The food court is still it's old drabby food court. But we weren't there for the renovations. Nor were we interested in ambiance. We were there for the noodles of all J-noodles...ramen!

Crazy Rameniac joined us in the ramen celebration as he came back in his second visit for the day. Dylan ordered a large Miso ramen, Rameniac used his free coupon for a Spicy Miso Bowl of Ramen and I ordered a reg. Shio (salt) Ramen. One sip of the Shio broth...

Daaaaaaaaaaang!

That broth is on point. It's like drinking pork flavored butter. Their shio broth puts me in a place of utter happiness. It's like growing up in a world without mama whoopings and big brother noogie spree.

Dylan's miso broth was ok. It was actually a little too heavy for him to get into some serious noodling. Maniac's Spicy Miso was actually better. But it just seemed to complicated...too much going on...too much Ramen drama. I'd stick to what Santouka is known for, their pure and simple Shio Ramen.

The Ramen monsters enjoyed our night of Ramenelebration! Welcome to LA Santouka!

Santouka Ramen
Mitsuwa Market Food Court
3760 Centinela Ave.,
Los Angeles, CA 90066
10:00am - 8:00pm

9 comments:

Kirk said...

Hi Jeni - Were you first in line? ;o)

Christine D. said...

haha, maybe they camped out (PS3 style).

We are awaiting the details!

eatdrinknbmerry said...

J wouldn't let me camp out PS3 style with our fellow Rameniac friend. I highly recommend this place for anyone that's a fan of Shin Sen Gumi and Chabuya. This style of ramen is night&day compared to what you get on Sawtelle. Warning, the stuff is delicious but rich. Try the shio before trying the miso. I was battling stomach problems later on b/c the miso was too much for me. But then again, I also dumped 2 tablespoons of Shichimi Togorashi (japanese 7-spice pepper).

Daily Gluttony said...

oooooooh! i'm going to be on the west-say-yeeed tomorrow...i haaaave to make a pitstop here! wintertime (albeit 70 degree winters here in LA) and ramen are a match made in heaven.

btw, i can't believe rameniac went here twice in one day!!! well actually, i can believe it, but still! LOL!

Chubbypanda said...

Try the Delux Special Ramen. Mmmm... Sooo goood.

You must have tummy of iron, like panda. More training needed.

- Chubbypanda

Jeni said...

Kirk...no I wasn't first in line. I didn't camp out like Rameniac. I'm not that big of a ramenfreak.

Christine D...I never will understand the camping out for video games. EDNBM joked that he was gonna camp out for a PS3, until I gave him the look of disgust. He never asked again.

EDNBM...stomach ache stomach ache. That's what you get for dumping a bottle of shichimi in your ramen.

Daily Gluttony...looking forward to your post! MMMM...shio broth!

ChubbyPanda...for their grand opening, Santouka was only offering ramen.

Julian Hsu said...

Aww man, Santouka not in LA was one of the main reasons my out-of-town buddies visited me in Orange County. Now I'll never see 'em again! ;-)

Congrats on getting an outpost of what I think is the best ramenya in SoCal. I second Chubbypanda's recommendation of the deluxe, assuming he means the toroniku tonkotsu ramnen.

Shelley said...

It's all about the Shio Ramen!! I've now gone 2 days in a row during lunch! Thank god i work close!

Adding a flavoured egg makes it extra special!

Melting Wok said...

Too bad I'm an hour away, would like to try out this out..gosh, stomach growling so badly after looking at your pix, thx for the reco, cheers ! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin