Thursday, November 09, 2006

Silom Market Parking Garage Desserts - Thai Town









Last weekend, D and I cruised Thai Town's Hollywood Blvd for another bowl of Thai boat noodles before cooking for his Saturday night dinner party. After our Thai Boat Noodles, we headed to Silom Market for our weekly groceries.

Outside of Silom Market (in the parking garage) is a small Thai dessert cart serving up foi thong (sweet shredded eggs) and shredded coconut on a cookie. The cookie seems to be the same batter as a fortune cookie, but definitely more light and crunchy. The middle is a coconut meringue. And the toppings can either be shredded coconut or foi thong (aka golden threads). At 9 for $3, they're a nice snacky snack on a congested 101 Fwy.

*Like most Thai desserts, these are super sweet. I had to throw out some coconut and foi thong toppings to make it more manageable. Nevertheless, I'm always a sucker for Thai street food.

Silom Market
5321 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood
(323) 993-9000

5 comments:

Chubbypanda said...

Thai food really is sweet. I still haven't been able to decide if I like it or not.

- Chubbypanda

Colleen Cuisine said...

I *heart* Silom market. They have everything - and it is SO cheap too!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWesome blog~~ I'm going to mark it for regular reading =)

I just started my blog... please come visit whenever~ http://www.wretch.cc/blog/chenst723

-Steve

Jeni said...

Chubbypanda...thai food or thai desserts are sweet??? My favorite thai dessert is Khao Neow Ma-Muang (sweet rice and mango) from Wat Thai LA. Soooooooo yummy!

Colleen Cuisine...I heart Silom too. I actually like Bangluck Market a little more than Silom...I dunno why. I guess it's cuz I grew up going to the Bangluck Market in North Hollywood.

Thanks Steve/Chenst723...I like your nice and clean photos on your site! Keep on eating and cooking!

Sujan Patricia said...

Yummy! Typical Thai market. Fresh fish. Lots of awesome foods and supplies for every fresh off the boat Asian. In their parking garage, they have street vendors that make Thai desserts. It's pretty rad---not to mention CHEAP.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin