Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sunset Junction - Silver Lake

$15 admission for Sunset Junction, Silver Lake's annual Street Fair is a crazy price to pay for bacon dog and gyro vendors. Fortunately one of my neighbors told us that residents living within a block from the fair can get in for free. Free vs. $15 admission quickly changed my outlook on the event. I went from "Dang, 15 bucks!" to "Wow, we get in for FREE!" Oishii Eats loooooooooooves FREE. Of course I wouldn't mind paying the $15 admission fee knowing that it's going to community youth programs. But I won't pass free passes since our streets become packed with Sunset Junction visitors.

With my water bill in hand, D and I walked down to Sunset Junction after 7pm, right when the sun was going down and the weather was perfect. There were tons of food stalls with LA's very own bacon dogs, gyro's, hot dogs, corn on the cob, TONS of Hawaiian bbq and pretty much anything festivally junky. Aside from junk food, most people go to check out the indie bands playing throughout the day. I was also happy to see some familiar indie designers from my Sample Sale days.


D and I spent most of the night eating corn on the cob and a Philly Cheese Steak as we sat across of LA Kicks for some good old people watching. The rest of the time we were standing in line for the bathrooms. D chose to stand in the port-o-potty line and I chose to pay 50 cents for the slightly cleaner El Pollo Loco bathroom. I ended up waiting a good 20 minutes to pee. Yikes!

All in all, it was fun, fun, fun at the FREE neighborhood block party. See you next year!

5 comments:

Chubbypanda said...

Free is awesome. Those bacon dogs look like heart attacks on a grill. Greasily delicious.

Colleen Cuisine said...

your photos are looking so good lately - did you get a new camera, or is it different settings/photoshop that you're using? i'm very impressed!

Jeni said...

Chubbypanda...I loooove the smell of bacon dogs. It's hotter than Drakkar Noir.

Thanks CC! Same settings at night... indoor/night, no flash, still hand, backlight...AND...photoshop with the curves and levels. I love playing with the contrast too.

eatdrinknbmerry said...

J, this was a fun night and a good chance to savor the Silverlake Community. Amidst the bacon dog grease flying all over the place, there was a good selection of junkfood to choose from. Too bad they didn't play house music!!!

How do you open files in photoshop? haha.

Jeni said...

Umm...too bad they didn't play BOOTIE music.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin