Sunday, September 03, 2006

Larchmont Village Wine, Spirits and Cheese

After writing numerous posts on Silver Lake Wine, Fellow foodblogger Diary of a Dilettante suggested I check out her local wine joint, Larchmont Village Wine, Spirits and Cheese for great wines.

The day I went to LVWSC, her wine mentor Simon wasn't there so I ended up only looking. LVWSC has a nice range of wines and a large stock of great wines under in the $10-12 range. I heart wines under $12! My friend Mark enjoyed snooping around their champagne section and found a great champagne for our Thursday Night Dinner.

LVWSC not only carries wine, but they other half of their store is a deli with yummy European meats, cheeses, chocolates, sodas, and snacks. I must say, LVWSC sandwich selection is very honorable. Mark and I decided to share a Sopressata Salami sandwich with Spanish Machengo cheese, greens, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sundried tomato spread. For under $7, our sandwich was amazing. Oishii Eats is in loooooove.

Larchmont Village Wine & Cheese Shop
223 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, Ca 90004
(323) 856-8699

11 comments:

BoLA said...

Whoa. You've been busy blogging! That's how many posts this weekend? ;)

Anyhow, mojitos sound good. Let me know when... Thursday's no good though... it's Back to School Night. =)

Kirk said...

Hi Jeni - Man that is some good looking sandwich.....

Jeni said...

BOLA...yea...I was on a blogging frenzy since I pulled my shoulder muscle on Sat and was forced to "rest" at home before I go back to work. How bout Mojitos Wed night?

Kirk...not as good looking as your eats from Chin's Seafood & Grill

eatdrinknbmerry said...

Man, look at the color in that sandwich. If only banh mi's were that heavily stacked too.

The Dabbler said...

Thanks for the link. Next time try the sandwich on their ciabbatta (sp?) bread. It might even rock more than on the baguette! And if you stop by on a Saturday PM I'll tip you off on some great wines that are even cheaper (gasp!) than $10!

Daily Gluttony said...

aww man, that sammich looks good! and i always pass by this place too, just never been in. now i guess i'm gonna have to go! =)

Jeni said...

EDNBM...it's so quality. But nothing will every beat a buck fiddy Banh Mi. I stay true to my Viet roots.

The Dabbler...thank you sooo much for your rec. And I will be back for the ciabatta sandwich even though I love the french baquettes. I won't be able to go this Sat evening, I gotto take the parents to H. Bowl...but email me...let's meet up!

DG...I am missing you girl!!! D told me about the W party. I'm soooo excited! Anyways, the sandwiches are great. Real simple, super delicious. Yuuuuummmmmmmmy!

Tokyoastrogirl said...

I could eat that sandwich every single day- looks divine. What's better than bread, really? Nothing!!

Anonymous said...

be careful..larchmont is my hood!

Jeni said...

TAG...hey girl! I looooove bread too. You'd love this sandwich...I promise you!

Anonymous...I'll go back on a Saturday. I'll call you so you can stop posting anonymous comments.

Anonymous said...

simon is more annoying than simon cowell!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin