Thursday, April 13, 2006

Pinkberry: Spring Break Part II

Back in Japan, one of my favorite daily rituals was to eat a bowl of Meiji Bulgarian yogurt with fresh Fuji apples. Even though I'm back in LA and I have access to all the tacos and fried chicken that I can ever eat, I will always miss my Japanese yogurt. You see, American yogurt, like Yoplait and that other one I never buy, Dannon, just doesn't do justice to what yogurt yogurt should taste like.

Colleen Cuisine explains the REAL yogurt well. She also introduced me to Pinkberry! Darn you Colleen. Pinkberry has become another mad obsession! Pinkberry brings back REAL yogurt...in a frozen state. Pinkberry's gotto be the best thing that happened since the Boba revolution.

Anyways, after our ~oishii~ sushi from Sushi Komasa, Mark and I was in need for some dessert, so we headed out to Pinkberry!

I got a medium cup with 3 toppings($4.95). Yea, I know it looks pretty big, but I could probably take on that large bucket they sell. Mark didn't eat his medium yogurt, so I ate his too. The stuff is so easy to eat! It's like butter baby!

The medium is just not enough for me!

Go to Pinkberry's. It's just so refreshing. Natsukashii~reminds me my morning apples and real yogurt!

Pinkberry
868 Huntley Drive
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(310) 659-8285
12pm-11pm daily

*Parking: I want to warn you about the parking. Do not park up onto the curb or in the neighborhood requiring special permits. In the two times that I've gone to Pinkberry, I've seen the West Hollywood Parking Enforcement quickly come and ticket anyone parking illegally. Park carefully and enjoy Pinkberry in peace.

14 comments:

Colleen Cuisine said...

Crackberry! I love it!
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night DREAMING about it.

And it seems to be fairly good for you too... amazing

Tokyoastrogirl said...

Oh wow- I miss J yogurt too. I had a little natsukashii moment when I was in France and they had yogurt flavored gelato everywhere- it TOTALLY tastes like J yogurt. The only way to get my fix these days is with the amazing yogurt aji Pocky that they sell at Mistuwa.

I'm totally going to try Pinkberry!! Do they have other locations?

Jeni said...

Colleen...Pinkberry is so yummy, yet so guilt free (I think). Yes, Crackberry is what we should call it!

Tokyoastrogirl...Yaaay...someone knows what I'm talking about! If you love J yogurt, you're gonna love Pinkberry. As of now, there's only the W. Ho location. But I heard there's gonna be one in K-town. Go to Pinkberry! You'll have a berry bigu shock-u!

k said...

hey girl! just found you...and our blogs are very much the same! heh. anyhow, i've been wanting to go to pinkberry...now that i'm on spring break too! i see that you're a k-teacher..i teach first! =)

now that looks so yummy i want something to eat...mmmmmmmm.

k said...

Long lost sister indeed! And OMG...you know koko? I went to high school with her! Crazy! :)

Anonymous said...

Pinkberry is a madhouse. The last 2 times I've gone, there have been lines around the block.

Anonymous said...

I heard pinkberry is closing shop soon.

Anonymous said...

lAST WEEK I SAW A MAN PULL HIS PANTS DOWN AND FLASH HIS DICK IN FRONT OF PINKBEEY

Anonymous said...

http://wehonews.com/z/wehonews/archive/page.php?articleID=646

colleencuisine said...

there is actually a larger chain called " Kiwiberri" they have
a location coming in soon across the street from the beverly
center along with 15 other locations in the works, also they have a location in claremont at 373 w bonita ave. I recently found this out after aquiring franchise info from both chains/ kiwiberri seems to be the much stronger and finacially and strategically prepared to take this product to the next level. Also their product actually in my opinion and many others simply taste better than pinkberry.

Colleen Cuisine said...

Congrats on the NYMag link Jeni!
Just want to point out to those reading that colleencuisine (with no space) is not in any way associated with my site. However, I am flattered that Kiwiberri is trying to hijack my name to promote their product.

Jeni said...

Oh gosh...I didnt even notice that Colleen SPACE Cuisine. Kiwiberri people seem really desperate. I'm starting to feel sorry for them.

Anonymous said...

Tried the new Kiwiberri location in Rowland Height located in the Diamond Plaza food court- thought the yogurt tasted richer and less sweet compared to Pinkberry.
I don't get why there's so much hype towards Pinkberry when others can offer similar product, at lower cost, and even improve the taste. Well, at least people have more choices to chose from.

Anonymous said...

Tried the new Kiwiberri location in Rowland Height located in the Diamond Plaza food court- thought the yogurt tasted richer and less sweet compared to Pinkberry.
I don't get why there's so much hype towards Pinkberry when others can offer similar product, at lower cost, and even improve the taste. Well, at least people have more choices to chose from.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin