Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Messed Up Priorities ~ Flossie's Southern Cuisine

I'm not a very big fan of field trips. For a teacher, field trips are a lot of work. It's just stressful making sure that every kid is in count, that they don't do anything embarrassing, and that there are no vomiting and/or pee accidents.

Well, last week I took my class to watch a live Curious George show at El Camino College in Torrance. Don't ask me how it went because I fell asleep. But afterwards, we went to eat lunch and play at Alondra Park nearby. It was while they kids were playing that I noticed a small shopping center across the street. Wait, "Is that...no! Is that Flossies???" Oh man, I've always wanted to check out Flossie's Southern Cuisine. Anyways, I ended feeling a little guilty leaving my kids with another teacher as I ran across the street for some fried gratification.

Fried chicken, green beans, corn-okra-tomato, and mac 'n cheese

My fried chicken was on point. Juicy + crispy fried chicken= One satisfied teacher who was once feeling a little guilty for ditching her kids for soul food. The sides were just ok. The mac 'n cheese tasted good, but the macaroni were cooked a little too long. I'd say the sides from M&M Soul Food are better. But dang, that chicken is good.

I'm sorry, but you're not my type (of cobbler)!

I like Flossie's weekday meal deal...one entree, three sides, cornbread, dessert and a drink for $10.99. I got the Peach cobbler for dessert. The cobbler looked great, but when I dug into it the crust was actually soggy. BOOOOO! Don't get me wrong, it's a good deal. But eating a Flossie's cobbler just makes me want to go back to Cobbler Lady for something crusty crusty. Na mean?

Flossie's Southern Cuisine
3566 Redondo Beach Blvd
Torrance, CA 90504
(310) 352-4037
Closed on Mondays

5 comments:

Colleen Cuisine said...

Oooh... I'm getting a SERIOUS fried chicken craving from those photos!

Mary said...

JENI: Thank you for the wonderful tour of your school!! I love your blog, it makes my mouth wata.... I can't wait to read through it alllll. Cheap eats is good with me! I've been to Crepevine in Oakland and Sweetlady Jane.

We should exchange some restaurants. I have a lot of favorites in West LA, Bay Area and Santa Barbara. If you're in town for spring break, give me and e-mail and eat.

Go Jeni!

eatdrinknbmerry said...

jeni, hey can you email me w/ your email address? thanks. don't worry, not sending you stupid chainletters or forwards.

Jeni said...

Colleen...I hope you had your fix of fried chicken! I'm craving some too looking at my pictures!

Mary...I'm so glad you and your friends got to tour our school. Our Principal really like you guys. Let me know where you get an interview ok! Yea...and fill me in on the cheap eats!

Dylan...I'm excited yo!

Jake said...

I like both the soggy and crispy crust cobblers. So I alternate between that two. I love peach and blackberry cobblers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin