Friday, March 24, 2006

Jeni in SF Part II: Good Eats

The first place my brother Jeremy took me to eat was to Chika's on Irving St. in the Sunset District. Chika quickly made me feel like I was back in a homey mom and pop joint in Japan. It's so small and cozy! And the sushi was yummy! Their unagi was especially good....served warm! Make sure to use their bathroom for a warm Japan bathroom feeling. Kimochii~ii (feels good!) Sorry no pictures of the bathroom or the sushi.

After our splendid sushi dinner at Chika, Jeremy and I walked over to Crepevine, one of the many Crepe spots in SF.
Crepevine is a nice spot for breakfast, sandwiches, and of course, yummy crepes.

I ended up ordering the Jamaican Crepe. Bananas in a caramel rum sauce with whip cream and vanilla ice-cream was sooooo yum!
The Jamaican

The next morning, my bro and I were craving dim sum. Unfortunately, we weren't craving crazy SF Chinatown. Instead, we headed to Sun Maxim's Bakery in the Outer-Sunset District for take-out dim sum. The dim sum was pretty remarkable for being a take-out dim sum

It's not the most glorious places to eat in SF, but we wanted our dim sum hot and fresh, so we took a seat inside. The dim sum was yummy. I like to think of Sun Maxims as the "low maintenance" dim sum joint. No need to yell and no need to keep an eye out for our desired carts. I like "low maintenance" dim sum...ummm...and also people.


My brother loves their egg tarts. It's too fluorescent/nuclear for me.

Jeremy also took me to Sophie's Crepes for what has been the closest thing to crepes I've had in Osaka. OISHII~! Sophie's Crepes is located in the Kinokuniya Building in Japantown. My nutella, strawberry, vanilla ice-cream crepe costed me about $5 and it was worth it. I like the girl who makes the crepes at Sophie's. She lets it sit so you get a nice sweet crispy texture in every bite.

Last stop for the weekend was to get burrito in the Mission District. My brother's SF food mentor recommended Taqueria Cancun for yummy Burritos.

Asada Super Burrito was good. My Chorizo Super Burrito for my flight home was even better.

Chika
841 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 461-5589

Crepevine
624 Irving Street
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 681-5858

Sun Maxim's Bakery
2034 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 661-4623

Sophie's Crepes
1581 Webster St
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 929-7732

Taqueria Cancun
2288 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 252-9560

5 comments:

Kirk said...

Hi Jeni - Do you realize that you did a whole weeks worth of posts here! You sure know how to get around and grab good eats!!!!

rick james said...

jeni!

Hurray for low maintenance people!!!!!!

long live Jansport!!!!

Jamaican crepe looks bad ass mon!

yummy post!

Jeni said...

Thanks Kirk...but you shouldn't be talking. Looks like all you and the misses do is get good eats out the entire week! :)

DCCF...yea I like low maintenance people. Too bad I'm high maintenance...haha. I guess it evens out huh? And yes, Jamaican was good mon.

Colleen Cuisine said...

I'm jealous - you had a food vacation!! I need one too... hmmm, maybe up to SF for me soon

Those crepes look out of this world!

Jeni said...

Yes Colleen...we all need food vacations! I love SF for their amount of quality mom n pop joints!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin