Sunday, January 29, 2006

Good times in LA eh?

Girl's one request during her trip was that I'd take her to Roscoe's. I love it! I don't know why that chicken in the back looks blue. Anyhow, Roscoe's is timeless...it's chicken and waffles and that alone is beauty.

Laurie came to work with me on Thursday. My kids, especially the boys were in awe of her during her lesson on Canadian animals.

I know there's no food...but it's always fun to wander around H.D. Buttercup! I snatched these snakeskin C Label pumps at Find Outlet (retail $185) for $20! For the price...they are definitely ~oishii~!

Ok...focus Jeni...back to food. Manna in Koreatown. (Sorry this picture is out of focus...I was hungry.) Manna usually sends me home warm and fuzzy...but not this time. Must of been because they kept us waiting for over an hour for a table. Reservations next time...or looking for somewhere more low-key.

Laurie was an easy guest. She pretty much ate anything I dragged her out to.

After Manna, we headed over to Sweet Lady Jane. Cake seemed kinda dry, but SLJ folks were eager to get rid of bread and scones at the end of the night. Free food is always good.

On the way to SD, we
were suppose to eat in
Westminster....but we
hit traffic. So instead,
Laurie reunited with
Mr. Beard Papa
.
Wish you could of seen
how giddy this girl got.







The magic of a Beard Papa's shu cream brings back memories of our crazy years in Osaka. Natsukashii~(aww the memories)!

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles
5006 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323) 934-4405

H.D. Buttercup
3225 Helms Avenue
Los Angeles, Ca 90034
(310) 558-8900

Manna
3377 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, Ca 90019
(323) 733-8516
*They take reservations.

Sweet Lady Jane
8360 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(323) 653-7145

Beard Papa's Shu Creams
Marukai Pacific Square Shopping Ctr.
1620 W. Redondo Beach Blvd.
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 538-2909

8 comments:

lyeh said...

mmmm.....all of it was oishii yo!

Kirk said...

Wow - Roscoe's, Manna, and Papa Beard in one post....that's enough for a whole week of posts.

Sylvie said...

Hiw you can eat so much go food and stay so thin. Envy.

eatdrinknbmerry said...

Hey Jeni, you really know how to show your friends around - Manna, Roscoe's and Beard Papa's? Does your friend have high cholesterol too now? haha. Going to load up on Manna this weekend, so the fasting begins...

Jeni said...

Kirk...there was no down time to our eating! Loved it!

Thanks Sylvie. Actually, I've had to cut down on portions over the years. Booo. My highest metabolism days were back in college. Those days are no longer. I try to go to the gym and eat lots of lean stuff during the week...to support my eating lifestyle.

EDNBM...haha...yea we should of had her blood tested before and after leaving LA. Poor thing...I didn't realize how much we were eating. Anywasy...enjoy Manna this weekend!

BoLA said...

OH MY! You hit some of my all time faves! Heehee! Fried Chicken, Korean BBQ, AND Cream Puffs! Mmmm.....Oishii-sooou-neeee?!

sunny said...

hello, my name is sunny. i stumbled upon your website when i was searching for sushi zo, which was highly recommended by a friend. wow, you have an impressive menu of eatery; i'll be returning often to you site. i've already spent the past hour reading about different places i need to go explore now instead of writing an IEP. i too am an elementary teacher.

anyway, i just wanted to recommend a korean bbq place. it's called the corner place (gil-mok). if you have not visited this place yet, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. my sister and i always enjoy one serving of gal-bi and split a bowl of house noodles (white noodle in cold daikon soup). it taste far better than its name. it's located on james wood st, formerly known as the 9th street, one block east of vermont. i'm sorry i don't know the exact address. happy eating.

Jeni said...

Sunny...haha...please write up your IEP's before being whisked off into the world of food. Seriously, I can spend hours reading foodblogs.

I heard so many yummy things about the Corner Place. I'll have to drag my bf out there next. Lately we've been hooked on Soot Bull Jeep. Corner Place is next though.

Hope you get to try Sushi Zo. So far is my favorite..hands down.

Take care Ms. Sunny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin